Ciao Travel’s Terms & Conditions
Please read through the Terms and Conditions thoroughly, that apply to all bookings and services purchased through Ciao Travel. It is important you have a clear understanding before making a commitment.
When you are ready to make a booking with us, we shall forward you a Booking Form, with full details of related booking fees related for your trip. Please return to us your completed and signed Booking Form to commence the booking procedure.
CASH / CHEQUE
• For personal cheques allow 5 business days prior your payment due date for the process of payment to our account.
• Credit Card: Visa or MasterCard 1.5%, American Express 2.2%, Diners Club 2.75%, all International Cards 3.25%
• We can provide an online link for making credit card payments for the services we have booked on your behalf.
- DIRECT DEBIT
- • Our Financial Institution is Bendigo Bank. Bendigo Bank Account holder’s funds maybe received on the same day as submitted. For all other banks allow 3 business days prior your payment due date for the process of payment to our account.
- Bendigo Bank: Ciao Travel Trust Account
- Account No: 134 807 304
- • BSB: 633 000
CIAO TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE SERVICES
• Ciao Travel is a retail travel agency accredited by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) and a participant of ATAS.
• As a retail travel agent we design customers travel itineraries credited by our professional knowledge gained from years of experience in the industry; continuous training; personal extensive travel; together with coordinating and selling products provided by third party suppliers, in Australia and Internationally.
• Ciao Travel exclusive services coordinated with Service Suppliers in Australia, Europe and other international destinations, are contracted rates that we receive direct from that company. The rates received by us in foreign currency are converted to Australian dollars via the daily currency conversion rate of exchange, the rates are inclusive of bank fees and some local taxes; to be presented to the customer as the product cost. We may receive fees, commissions, gifts or financial incentives from third parties under this contract.
• A “Service Supplier” is the name we give providers of services (hotels, flights, rail, cruises, tours, insurance etc.)
• Ciao Travel often work directly with third parties, being the Service Supplier, to navigate the preparation of the particular service to create customers travel itinerary.
• Service Suppliers may require a non-refundable deposit to proceed with a reservation, and these funds paid to Ciao Travel shall be passed directly on to the Service Supplier. The Service Supplier’s booking conditions apply to all reservations.
• The choice of a Service Supplier to reschedule a service is out of Ciao Travels control. Before departure, changes to the itinerary shall be advised providing the information is advised to us by the Service Supplier. After your departure, it is your responsibility to reconfirm with all service providers for any re-scheduling.
• In signing this form you are acknowledging that once Ciao Travel accepts a booking on your behalf with a third party, being the Service Suppliers, you will have a separate contract with the Service Supplier, which will be governed by their Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility, as the customer, to be aware of the Service Suppliers Terms and Conditions.
• We may receive fees, commissions, gifts or financial incentives from third parties under this contract.
PRICING & VOUCHERS
- Prices are quoted in Australian Dollars, are guaranteed once paid in full.
- Prices are subject to change at the discretion of the Service Supplier, and this is out of Ciao Travel’s control.
- Ciao Travel reserves the right to pass on from Service Suppliers any new charges to the purchasing client.
- Prices may include applicable taxes and bank charges, especially for service paid in foreign currency.
- Ciao Travel has no control over a Service Supplier choosing to offer a Credit Voucher over a refund for services cancelled by the Service Supplier or client.
- Ciao Travel’s Gift Card with a $ (dollar) value is valid for the commencement of travel within 24 months from the date of purchase.
- The Gift Card can be e-mailed immediately to either the recipient or purchaser, upon confirmation of payment and completion of the Gift Card application form on our website.
- A choice to have a formal paper Gift Card posted to you or your loved one can be arranged, for a fee.
- Please note a minimum of 5 business days must be allowed to cover postage time.
- The Gift Card is issued for a value of the purchases choice.
- To comply with the Australian Privacy Act, we are unable to disclose the gift value, if the request for the value is to be concealed, by the person purchasing the Gift Card.
- The Recipient of the Gift Card may redeem their gift by contacting Ciao Travel directly by phone or by e-mail and quoting their ‘Gift Card Number’ along with providing proof of identity (photographed identity) for the security purposes.
- The voucher must be used for travel services only that are recommended and booked through Ciao Travel, and is not refundable for cash value.
- The voucher is non-transferable to any other participant.
- Booking Terms & Conditions will apply once the recipient is ready to proceed with booking their travel services.
- All Ciao Travel’s normal Booking Fees along with Supplier taxes, service charges will apply to the reservation.
BOOKING FEES & DEPOSITS
- A non-refundable Quotation fee applies to the costing of all customised itineraries, to cover our professional time; administration costs; and research that is required of us to prepare the information. If you proceed with making a booking, the quotation fee shall be deducted from the booking cost.
- A non-refundable Booking Fee applies to all bookings, per person, to cover our professional time, research, administrative processes, communications and documentation.
- A non-refundable Booking Fee will apply to all bookings.
- Full details of related fees will be advised on your Booking Form. Once you agree to the conditions and fees advised, we require you to sign and return your Booking form to us, before your travel reservations commence.
- FINAL PAYMENT
- Ciao Travel must receive the balance in cleared funds no later than the specified due date on your Booking Advice Statement, unless advised otherwise.
- Failure to make your payment on time, may result in the cancellation of the services held on your behalf, by the Service Supplier.
- Ciao Travel and the participating Service Supplier apply amendments fees to arrangements changed once the deposit or final balance is paid and the booking is in processed. Ciao Travel will charge an amendment fee per person per amendment, per booking, to cover our time and resources.
- Where other Service Suppliers charge amendment fees, these fees will be passed on to you by Ciao Travel.
- Pre-departure: All cancellations will be acknowledged once they are advised to Ciao Travel in writing.
- Ciao Travel will charge a cancellation fee per person for each booking service cancelled, to cover professional time and costs.
- Where other Service Suppliers charge cancellation fees, these fees will be passed on to you by Ciao Travel
- We strongly recommend Travel Insurance, as a mandatory requirement for any holiday, to ensure peace of mind.
- For Travel Insurance not purchased through Ciao Travel, we require you to provide us with the alternative policy details and emergency telephone contact of your policy. In the case of you making a claim, if you purchased travel insurance elsewhere, and not with Ciao Travel, a service fee will be charged for our service of collating all necessary information for you.
- It is your responsibility to read the insurance policy thoroughly to make an informed choice of cover suited to your needs.
- Ciao Travel will not provide you with a refund for the service fee charged, if the booking does not go ahead.
- If the Service Supplier is required to provide you with a refund for the booking, Ciao Travel will provide the refund, subject to the Service Suppliers Terms and Conditions. Ciao Travel is not responsible for Service Suppliers refund delays.
- It is your responsibility to seek medical advice in relation to health requirements for your trip.
- Should you require vaccinations as a health precaution when visiting a country, these are once again your responsibility.
- A letter from your Medical Health Practitioner providing proof of any prescribed medication being carried by you when you travel or vaccinations received, is strongly recommended, to avoid being refused entry or your medication confiscated.
- If you have any dietary health requirements, please make sure you advise us in detail, so we can assist where possible.
PASSPORT AND VISAS
- Passports and visas are your responsibility when travelling to a destination outside of Australia.
- Your passport ‘Must be valid for 6 months’ from the date you are due to return back in Australia.
- Ciao Travel requires a photocopy of your current passport prior to the collection of your documentation.
- If you are travelling on a foreign passport, you may require a re-entry visa on return to Australia.
- Visas are required for entry into some countries and “Must” be obtained before arrival into that country.
- Obtaining the visa and the related cost is your responsibility.
- Consular advice is available when you contact the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs -1300 555 135.
- We strongly recommend you visit Smarttraveller.com.au website for more information and to register your travels.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of your Reward Memberships details, and join a program, to accrue points when travelling.
- Ciao Travel is not responsible for your inability to claim points on your trip.
- If you wish to use your reward points to make a reservation, we suggest you contact the Service Supplier first (i.e. Airline) to make your reservation.
- For us to assist with making reward point bookings we charge a fee to cover the service time.
- We shall only assist with reward point bookings, if you agree to providing us with your membership details in writing, this means providing your full name, membership number and pin related to the membership.
- We shall not take any responsibility of non-refundable reward points spent, should you change your mind, once we have confirmed details with you and made your reservation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Subject to Australian Consumer law, Ciao Travel does not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused by suppliers or third party providers over whom agents have no direct control.
- Ciao Travel is not liable for force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control, or which is not preventable by a travel agent. Ciao Travel is not liable for any of the following beyond its reasonable control: acts of God, accident, riot, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other health crisis, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, government acts or omissions, changes of law, strikes, fire, explosion, lack of raw materials or energy.
- CIAO TRAVEL trading (ABN63 456 608 243).
- AFTA Member (Australian Federation of Travel Agents)
- ATAS Participant
- IATA/TID Member
- MTG Member (Independent Travel Group – Affiliate of Helloworld Group)
- CLIA Members (Cruise Lines International Association)
- Australian Tourism Accredited