Important Booking Terms & Conditions
We require our customers to read these Terms and Conditions thoroughly, for awareness of all conditions that apply to booking your travel through us.
When you are ready to make a booking with us, we shall forward you a Booking Form, with full details of related booking fees related for your trip. Please return to us your completed and signed Booking Form with your booking fee to commence the booking procedure.
CASH / CHEQUE – For personal cheques allow five business days prior your payment due date for the process of payment to our account.
CREDIT CARD – Credit Card: Visa or MasterCard 1.5%, American Express 2.2%, Diners Club 2.75%, all International Cards 3.25%.
- We will provide an online credit card link for making payments for services booked with us via TravelPay.
- Ciao Travel will charge you for the amount required on your invoice, and the credit card fees will be charged via TravelPay directly to your credit card statement.
- Ciao Travel does not handle the credit card fees, these are presented on your credit card statement.
DIRECT DEBIT – Our Financial Institution is Bendigo Bank. Bendigo Bank Account holder’s funds received on the same day as submitted. For all other banks allow three business days prior your payment due date for the process of payment to our account.
- Bendigo Bank
- Ciao Travel Trust Account
- Account No: 134 807 304
- BSB: 633 000
CIAO TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE SERVICES
- Ciao Travel is a retail travel agency accredited by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) and a participant of ATAS.
- As a retail travel advisor, we design customers travel itineraries credited by our professional knowledge gained from years of experience in the industry; continuous training; personal extensive travel; together with coordinating and selling products provided by third party suppliers, in Australia and Internationally.
- Ciao Travel exclusive services coordinated with Service Suppliers in Australia, Europe, and other international destinations, are contracted rates that we receive direct from that company. The rates received by us in foreign currency, will be changed into Australian dollars via the daily currency conversion rate of exchange, the rates are inclusive of bank fees and some local taxes; to be presented to the customer as the product cost. We may receive fees, commissions, gifts, or financial incentives from third parties under this contract.
- A “Service Supplier” is the name we give providers of services (cruises, tours, insurance, accommodation, flights, rail, etc.)
- Ciao Travel often work directly with third parties, being the Service Supplier, to navigate the preparation of the service to create customers travel itinerary.
- Service Suppliers may require a non-refundable deposit to proceed with a reservation, and these funds paid to Ciao Travel shall be passed directly on to the Service Supplier. The Service Supplier’s booking conditions apply to all reservations.
- The choice of a Service Supplier to reschedule a service is out of Ciao Travels control. Before departure, changes to the itinerary shall be advised providing the information is advised to us by the Service Supplier. After your departure, it is your responsibility to reconfirm with all service providers for any re-scheduling.
- In signing this booking form, you are acknowledging that once Ciao Travel accepts a booking on your behalf with a third party, being the Service Suppliers, you will have a separate contract with the Service Supplier, which will be governed by their Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility, as the customer, to be aware of the Service Suppliers Terms and Conditions. Ciao Travel is not responsible at any time to any changes made by Service Suppliers related to the Terms and Conditions of their products.
- We may receive fees, commissions, gifts, or financial incentives from third parties under this contract.
PRICING & VOUCHERS
- Prices quoted in Australian Dollars and will be guaranteed once paid in full.
- Prices are subject to change at the discretion of the Service Supplier, and this is out of Ciao Travel’s control.
- Ciao Travel reserves the right to pass on from Service Suppliers any new charges to the purchasing client.
- Prices may include applicable taxes and bank charges, especially for service paid in foreign currency.
- Ciao Travel has no control over a Service Supplier choosing to offer a Credit Voucher over a refund for services cancelled by the Service Supplier or client.
BOOKING FEES & DEPOSITS
- A non-refundable Quotation fee applies to the costing of all customised itineraries, to cover our professional time; administration costs; and research that is required of us to prepare the information.
- If you proceed with making a booking, the quotation fee shall be deducted from the booking cost.
- A non-refundable Booking Fee applies to all bookings, per person, to cover our professional time, research, administrative processes, communications, and documentation.
- Full details of related fees will be advised on your Booking Form. Once you agree to the conditions and fees advised, we require you to sign and return your Booking form to us before your travel reservations commence.
- Ciao Travel must receive the balance in cleared funds no later than the specified due date on your Booking Advice Statement, unless advised otherwise.
- Failure to make your payment on time, may result in the cancellation of the services held on your behalf, by the Service Supplier.
- Ciao Travel and the participating Service Supplier apply amendments fees to arrangements changed once the deposit or final balance is paid and the booking is in processed. Ciao Travel will charge an amendment fee per person per amendment, per booking, to cover our time and resources. Where other Service Suppliers charge amendment fees, these fees will be passed on to you by Ciao Travel.
- Pre-departure: All cancellations will only be acknowledged once they are advised to Ciao Travel in writing. Ciao Travel will charge a cancellation fee per person for each booking service cancelled, to cover professional time and costs. Where other Service Suppliers charge cancellation fees, these fees will be passed-on to you by Ciao Travel
- Ciao Travel will not provide you with a refund for the service fee charged if the booking does not go ahead.
- If a refund required from the Service Supplier that provided the service, Ciao Travel will provide the refund once received from the Service Supplier, subject to the Service Suppliers Terms and Conditions.
- Ciao Travel is not responsible for Service Suppliers refund conditions or delays.
- Ciao Travel knows the importance of purchasing Travel Insurance. We request it be a mandatory requirement for any holiday, to ensure peace of mind from the time you make your first booking payment until your return from the trip.
- For Travel Insurance not purchased through Ciao Travel, we require you to provide us with the alternative policy details and emergency telephone contact of your policy.
- In the case of you making a claim, if you purchased travel insurance elsewhere, and not with Ciao Travel, a service fee charged for our service of collating all necessary information will apply.
- It is your responsibility to read the insurance policy thoroughly to make an informed choice of cover suited to your needs.
- It is your responsibility to seek medical advice in relation to health requirements for your trip.
- Should you require vaccinations as a health precaution when visiting a country, these are once again your responsibility.
- A letter from your Medical Health Practitioner providing proof of any prescribed medication carried by you when you travel or vaccinations received, must be at hand when travelling to avoid refusal of entry or your medication confiscated.
- If you have any dietary health requirements, please make sure you advise us in detail, so we can assist where possible.
PASSPORT AND VISAS
- Passports and visas are your responsibility when travelling to a destination outside of Australia.
- Your passport ‘Must be valid for 6 months’ from the date you are due to return in Australia.
- Ciao Travel requires a photocopy of your current passport prior to the collection of your documentation.
- If you are travelling on a foreign passport and you require a re-entry visa on return to Australia, this is your responsibility.
- Visas required for entry into some countries are your responsibility and “Must” be obtained before arrival into that country.
- Obtaining the visa and the related cost is your responsibility.
- Consular advice is available when you contact the Australian Department of Foreign · Affairs -1300 555 135.
- We strongly recommend you visit Smarttraveller.com.au website for more information and to register your travels.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of your Reward Memberships details, and join a program, to accrue points when travelling.
- Ciao Travel is not responsible for your inability to claim points on your trip.
- If you wish to use your reward points to make a reservation, we suggest you contact the Service Supplier first (i.e., Airline) to make your reservation.
- For us to assist with making reward point bookings we charge a fee to cover the service time.
- We shall only assist with reward point bookings, if you agree to providing us with your membership details in writing, this means providing your full name, membership number and pin related to the membership.
- We shall not take any responsibility of non-refundable reward points spent, should you change your mind once we have confirmed details with you and made your reservation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Subject to Australian Consumer law, Ciao Travel does not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused by suppliers or third-party providers over whom agents have no direct control.
- Ciao Travel is not liable for force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control, or which is not preventable by a travel agent. Ciao Travel is not liable for any of the following beyond its reasonable control: acts of God, accident, riot, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other health crisis, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, government acts or omissions, changes of law, strikes, fire, explosion, lack of raw materials or energy.
- CIAO TRAVEL trading as Ciao Travel (ABN63 456 608 243)
- AFTA / ATAS member (Australian Federation of Travel Agents)
- CLIA Masters member (Cruise Lines International Association)
- My Travel Group member (Independent group affiliate of Helloworld)
- Italian Tourism Board Specialist accredited
- Australian Tourism Board Specialist accredited