nib Travel Insurance Services
Here is a brief outline of the services nib Travel Insurance can offer you when you travel next.
nib range of plans means you can choose the level of cover you need to suit the trip you’re taking.
For more thorough information on nib products and to purchase a policy you visit the links on this page.
Choice of Plans and Cover
International Travel Insurance
- From a week in New Zealand a month in Europe, we can offer cover for all types of overseas adventures.
Domestic Travel Insurance
- Cover for a weekend up the coast, a campervan trip across the country, or somewhere in between.
- Year-round cover for overseas and domestic travels from your home in Australia for trips of up to 45 days.
- nib cover for some coronavirus related events is available on all our international plans and our Australian Travel Plan.
As much as nib would love to cover every coronavirus-related scenario that a traveller can think of, that’s not what travel insurance is designed to do, so read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for Australian residents carefully to know what is, and isn’t, covered. nib policies include plans which offer cover for :
- Overseas Medical Benefit: If you get sick with coronavirus while on your trip, all of nib’s International travel insurance plans include cover for overseas medical expenses.
- Medical evacuation and repatriation: All nib Travel insurance plans (except Cancellation and Additional Expenses plan) include cover for medical evacuation and repatriation if we agree it’s medically necessary, up to the relevant benefit limit.
- Coronavirus Travel Costs: Our Coronavirus Travel Costs benefit is available on the International Comprehensive, Australian Travel and Annual Multi Trip plans. Plans including Coronavirus Travel Costs can provide cover for several coronavirus related events, including cover for quarantine expenses and trip cancellation if you are diagnosed with coronavirus.
Existing Medical Conditions
- nib can provide automatic cover for over 40 existing medical conditions, provided all the criteria for that condition are met.
Luggage & Personal Effects
nib offer cover for accidental damage, theft or permanent loss of your luggage and personal effects.
- You can choose to be covered for trip cancellation up to a limit that best suits your plans.
nib Emergency Assistance 24/7
- nib Emergency Assistance service operates 24/7. The team consists of experienced case managers and registered medical professionals to help you round the clock.
- If you need urgent help while travelling, try and call nib as soon as possible, and before you go to hospital if not critical.
- nib Emergency Assistance team can help with all sorts of medical problems, including locating nearest medical facilities and even arranging a traveller’s repatriation home if necessary.
- nib can also assist with locating nearest embassies and consulates, as well as keeping travellers in touch with their family members.
nib Emergency Assistance can help you
Call nib EA team when you or someone on your policy:
- Suffers a sudden illness or serious injury
- Has an accident
- Are hospitalised
- Are treated as an outpatient
- Gets stuck overseas or injured by severe weather or a natural disaster event
- Lose your passport
nib Emergency Contact
Have the following info ready for nib Emergency Assist
So that we can help you as quickly as possible, when you call our Emergency assistance team please have the following information at hand:
- Your nib Travel Insurance policy number
- The nature of your emergency
- The phone number of where you are
- The names and contact details of any hospitals or doctors you have visited
- If the unexpected happens and you need to make a claim, nib easy claims process means you can do it online anywhere, anytime. And nib will work to assess it as quickly as possible.
- If you have a complaint about a nib travel insurance product, see the (PDS) Product Disclosure Statement for the complaints process.
- nib insurance is underwritten by XL Insurance Company SE, Australia branch (ABN 36 083 570 441)
nib Travel Insurance Distribution Pty Limited, ABN 40 129 262 175, AR 336467 is authorised representative of nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 81 115 932 173, AFS License No 308461 (nib). Ciao Travel ABN 63 456 608 243 is a distributor of nib and receives a commission for nib products purchased through Ciao Travel. Ciao Travel acts as an agent for nib and not as your agent. Ciao Travel cannot give advice about nib products, and any factual information provided is not intended to imply a recommendation or opinion about nib products.